VACANCY FOR PROVOST
Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT)
The Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Kaduna requires the services of a suitably qualified and proficient candidate to fill the position of the Provost of the Institute. AFIT is a world class tertiary institution accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC), the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE). The Institute is also a Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) Approved Training Organization for the conduct of Initial Aircraft Licence Preparatory Course.
The Provost shall be the head of the Academic Branch of the Institute. AFIT is a hybrid higher institution established to provide university and polytechnic education. This position is equivalent to a Vice Chancellor of any Federal Government University in Nigeria. The applicant should be a renowned Professor of aviation related engineering with proven record of scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals. The ideal candidate must have a track record of commendable leadership and administrative prowess in a related tertiary Institution of learning.
- A Professor in Aeronautical Engineering (preferably with specialization in avionics, airframe systems or propulsion) or in Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgical and Material Engineering or Electrical/Electronics/Communications Engineering.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years post Professorship.
- He/she should be prolific and outstanding in publications with practical outlook and evidence of leadership in research work and post graduate supervision.
- The candidate is required to have requisite administrative experience and competencies in effective planning and execution of academic programmes.
- Membership of relevant and learned professional bodies (foreign and local) such as COREN is also required.
- He/sheshould possess outstanding leadership qualities that will inspire and motivate subordinates to achieve institutional goals and mandates.
- He/sheshould have a proven record of attracting international research and development grants and extra-statutory funds as well as ability to mobilise available resources for rapid development of the Institute.
- Work experience or collaboration with military/civil institutions is an added advantage.
- SALARIES AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
As obtainable in other Federal Universities.
- METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates are required to submit applications together with 15 copies of their curriculum vitae which should contain, among other things, the following:
- Name in full with surname in capital letters.
- Date of Birth.
- Marital Status.
- Current postal address.
- Current e-mail address.
- Institutions attended with dates.
- Professional and academic qualifications with dates.
- List of publications.
- Work experience.
- Present employment.
- Extra-curricular activities.
- Names and addresses of 3 referees, one of whom must be a previous employer. Referees’ letters are to be forwarded to the Registrar office viaE-mail email@example.com. Candidates should also enclose their vision for the Institute in not more than 2,000 words.
- CLOSING DATE
All applications should be addressed to “The Registrar, Air Force Institute of Technology, PMB 2104, Kaduna’’. Applications should reach the Registrar not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
For more information, visit www.afit.edu.ng
for: AFIT Governing Council